Radio over Internet Protocol uses standard techniques to transfer the analog audio signals used byLand Mobile Radio/Repeater Systems, digitally over the LAN (or Internet). In addition to voice, RoIP also transfers signals that are specific toLMR applications, such as PTT and CORControl lines. ROIP provides secure wide areaconnectivity between Radio Systems atdifferent locations connected using Static/Dynamic IP. It also has additional feature ofAutomatic Connectivity on power/link reset.Multiple PC consoles can be operated withoutthe high cost of installing fixed consoles.
Radio over IP Gateway was developed to extend the limited range of radio base stations of fewkms. It connects different radio networks together over the IP Backbone. With the unlimited rangeof Ip connectivity, range of radio communication could be increased as desired. All the handsets/walkie-talkie of radio networks can communicate with each other.
· Communication between different office locations.
· Monitoring and Managing of communication between multiple locations at a central location.
· Remotely Monitoring communication of a particular radio channel by either Laptop/PC orthrough a fixed RoIP unit.
· Communication between basement, minus 2, ground and top floors in a shopping mall, office,hotel, parking place.
· Communication inside a long tunnel.
· Communication on a long highway